Thursday, October 8, 2015

My Vist to KL Fertility Centre - Dr Prasanth


Our appointment was fixed for 7th September 2015 at 12.30 PM, So my hubby decided to drop me off work and pick me at 11insh and we both took half day off work. He picked me at 11.30AM and since we had an hour to kill we decided to have brunch at a restaurant called Sikit Atas at Wisma Perintis itself. By 12noon we were at the doctor’s office. We were asked to do some paper work and register at the front desk. They asked us to take a seat and wait, I thought by 12.30PM we will be called in but it seemed like they were calling everyone else but us.
Dr Prasath is one of the best infertility doctor and everyone wants to see him. We waited and waited by now we were so sleepy and all my role play i had in my head was dead. I was tired of waiting. Finally at 1.30 PM we get called it. Phewww...
So we walked in introduced ourselves and I immediately jumped in and told him my problem.
He immediately looked at us and said it seems like an easy fix but I am not a miscarriage expert instead I an infertility expert in IVF. Since I have had a successful pregnancy in the past 2 years ago, my body speaks that I am able to conceive again but Dr Prasanth says something must have changed after your 1st pregnancy and delivery. He assured me most of the issues are treatable with either minor or major medication / treatment. He also stressed that miscarriages are mostly caused by low quality egg and sperms resulting to bad embryos. I asked on what sort of test do I need to undergo before the issue is identified and he said a series or blood test. He also said 80% of the time we might not find what the problem is therefore treatment may not be required but a change of lifestyle needs to be kicked  in. Example a new diet to shed some weight as I put on 10kg after my first pregnancy and some supplements to produce quality eggs and sperms.
He then says there is only one miscarriage expert in our country and that is Dr Patrick Chia from Fetal  Medicine & Gynaecology Centre at Jaya One. He says Dr Patrick is an expert is recurrent miscarriages and writes me a referral letter.
Then Dr Prasanth asks me if I have diabetics I said no but says one of the reasons for recurrent miscarriages is diabetics. So he says if your reading is above 6 then we need to stop and treat your diabetics instead of any fertility treatment.
So he gets me to do a diabetics test which was just a prick on the finger. So once we left the room I waited for 5 minutes before the nurse tested me, within 2 mins the test was done the reading was 4.6 which was perfectly fine. The nurse referred back to Dr Prasanth and he says that fine please proceed to fix an appointment with Dr Patrick Chia.
Fetal  Medicine & Gynecology Centre is closed on Wednesday so first thing on Thursday morning I called the office to fix an appointment. Dr Patrick is super busy and there is no way to get an appointment for Saturday, apparently you need to call 4 to 5 weeks a head to fix a Saturday appointment. With no choice I had to fix an appointment for Tuesday 13th September 2015 a weekday which means I need to take time off work again.
Whatever it is if my body needs medical help then I need to look into urgently instead of waiting on it. I am now focused and in a much better state of mind and I have my full faith on God and no matter what the test reports say or what Dr Patrick Chia says the fact and the truth is I will conceive again and will carry the baby to full term for this is the faith I have in God.

 And now my journey continues ….


Medical Expenses :
KL Fertility Center (Dr Prasanth) - RM 200 (Consultation & Diabetic Test)


Referral Letter and Official Receipt  




1 comment: